PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Issues!

Freakshow
10-20-2003, 03:19 AM
I'm sure this issue has been addressed before, but am too lazy to actually scour through the posts to find the answer. EVERY time I tune my guitar I can't get it in tune until the bridge is all the way up making it essentially a fixed bridge. Are there any secrets to avoid this, tricks to help alleviate this problem? I can't tune by ear and use a tuner is this my problem? I've heard of a device that will help you tune Floyds easier, is this what I need? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Bizarro
10-20-2003, 05:40 AM
You need to take the guitar to a tech and get it setup correctly. Once it is setup, always use the same brand and gauge strings or it'll get out of whack again.

If you are adventurous, which doesn't seem to be the case ;), you could do some research (google) and do it yourself. It's not easy but it isn't exactly rocket science either.

Freakshow
10-21-2003, 01:14 AM
Thanks guys I am so new to guitar that I didn't realize guage meant anything with guitar. I figured cause I just got the guitar from Jackson that it was set up to rock. I didn't think that the floating concept was that sensitive, but now that it is brought up it makes sense. I think I spent more money on the guitar than I should have! I'm a mosquito trying to play an instrument made for a Dolphin!! I will try Google to see if I can work different string guages out on my own, but am afraid to break "what is to me" an expensive guitaR!!

Freakshow
10-23-2003, 02:09 AM
All news to me. Thanks again Ajdowton! I can't wait to get the gig rolling. I will definitely do this and let you know how it turns out.