PDA

View Full Version : Newbie sorta

Ads
10-05-2003, 10:14 AM
Im sorta of new to the guitar well no exaclty Ill be doing my first grade not too long off but not round the corner lol.
Anyway Im learning pieces like the dream and etude by fernando carulli. Does anyone know any other songs at tht level on the net?

Ads
10-05-2003, 12:26 PM
hi to everyone on this forum. My names Adam and Ive been playing for 6-7 months (i think anyway) Ive recently ben introuduced into classical guitar and I love it! Im learning songs like the dream and etude (one of my grade pieces I think)
This seems to be a cool forum as far I as I can tell.

Cuno
10-05-2003, 02:14 PM
Hi Ads! Welcome to the forums, and to ibreathe! I'm sorry, but i don't have any goodies for ya. I just wanted to point out that you can edit your posts if you feel the need to, sometimes that is better than to do two posts in a row. Also, you can delete posts (for instance, if you've accidentally posted something to the wrong thread).

Koala
10-05-2003, 03:07 PM
Hey Ads, you could try the short etudes and duets in William. G. Leavits Modern method for guitar vol. 1. Its Berklee Press.

You might also wanna try downloading power tab at power-tab.net and the look around for classical tabs.

Hope this helps you out.

Ads
10-05-2003, 05:37 PM
Thanks everyone

Anubis
10-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Hi Ads.
I would like to recommend two books you should get if you're into playing classical guitar.
39 Progressive Solos For Classical Guitar Book 1 and 2 by Ben Bolt.
I bought these books many years ago when I was learning classical guitar and they are very good.
There's lots of classical pieces in those books both easy and more advanced.
Each book comes with audio so you can hear the pieces and standard notation and tab is included for all pieces.
Go to http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/ and do a search on Ben Bolt and you will get more information about the books.