PDA

View Full Version : New TK Vids

Thorsten
09-21-2003, 02:23 PM
Yo guys and gals...

.... long time no speech so I recorded these little videos performing some of my songs.

Escape From The Darkside (http://tk.lccy.net/mov/Escape_From_The_Darkside.mov)

Shred It! (http://tk.lccy.net/mov/shred_it.mov)

Wake Up (http://tk.lccy.net/mov/wake_up.mov)

Warp Speed Now (http://tk.lccy.net/mov/warp_speed_demo.mov)

Sorry, downloads are huuuuuuge...but gives you time to practise that difficult lick again. ;)

Hope you like it and have fun watching!

TK

P.S. Yes, I know the "Wake Up" riff is a Michael Angelo ripp off. Thank you!

chris
09-21-2003, 05:39 PM
Hey That's some great playing. I've only downloaded the first one as the others are slowly downloading but I just had to comment on your guitar. Looks like you taught yourself on a right-handed guitar flipped over for a lefty. Or is that an optical illusion?

How hard was it to learn like that?

Thorsten
09-21-2003, 06:16 PM
Thanks Chris! No illusion, actually Iīm playing lefthanded guitars strung up righthanded.
It just came naturaly to me since I am lefthanded and nobody told me to change strings so I learned it by myself at kept doing it.

Like I always say, itīs no way harder or easier to play then righthanded, itīs just different.

TK

EricV
09-21-2003, 06:28 PM
Chris, check this out:

http://www.ibreathemusic.com/play/article/54

chris
09-22-2003, 12:19 AM
Hey thanks for that link Eric. Had I read that first, it would have answered my question. I'm just curious why you have pics of Jake E Lee all through your article on Thorsten though ;)

TK, that is wild to watch with your strings strung that way but after reading the article I can see how it is beneficial for you to do that when you pick up any regular (right handed) guitar.

Where are you guys from?

loveguitar
09-22-2003, 03:00 AM
hi Thorsten,

Have watched some of your movie clips.
you are really fast. And what's more impressive is
you play like you know you won't hit a wrong note!

And it's interesting to see you play the guitar upside down :)

EricV
09-22-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by chris
Hey thanks for that link Eric. Had I read that first, it would have answered my question. I'm just curious why you have pics of Jake E Lee all through your article on Thorsten though ;)

I figured itīd be a good idea to promote both Thorsten and Jake in one article... two for the prize of one. Thatīs why I have pics of Vivian Campbell all over my website ( inside joke here ) :)
Eric

Thorsten
09-22-2003, 04:51 PM
Jake is great!:D He was a big influence on me when he was playing with Ozzy and I always thought he looked pretty cool, so Thanks!

Also heīs one of those guitar players that always hit the right notes.

Chris, Iīm from Bielefeld, Germany...small town near Hannover(Scorpions-City)

Rock you like a hurricaaaaane....;)

TK

Schooligo
09-22-2003, 06:38 PM
Hey TK,

Just wanted to say Thanks for the Vids of you playing your songs, Very Inspiring. :D

Thanks again!!!

Thorsten
09-23-2003, 05:25 PM
Thank YOU Schooligo for checkingīem out and being inspired...really appreciate it!

TK

CaptainCarma
09-23-2003, 10:29 PM
hey thorsten...

even though Iīve already mentioned some time ago: great playing.

different question to you:

back in ī96, I guess, there was an ibanez clinic of paul gilbert done in an irish pub in cologne. half an hour ( or something ) before that clinic started, a lot of the visitors ( including me ) were hanginīaround the guitar store, which promoted the clinic, as a long haired guitarmaniac fetched a right-handed guitar, plugged it into an amp, turned it left and shredded like "demon-driven" :D

was that YOU????????????

Marc

Thorsten
09-24-2003, 04:45 AM
Mmmhhhh, well...I guess, yes! I was at that clinic and I did play at that store. Great you noticed!

Awesome performance by Paul BTW! That was the first time he played that Spice Girls song live. What a laugh!:D

I think a friend of mine has that clinic (and me playing) somewhere on video.

TK

Bizarro
09-24-2003, 05:34 AM
TK, Awesome vids! You make it look so easy... very deceptive... Unfortunately seeing you play doesn't make it any easier to transcribe!

Here's a portion of your song I'm transcribing. I usually record little bits to make sure it sounds right and then struggle with the timing notation in powertab! Hopefully I can get this thing done by Christmas!

BTW, I really like the arrangement on Down to Earth. It's a great tune.:D

CaptainCarma
09-24-2003, 11:10 AM
hey thorsten...

"brave new ( web ) world"... how small it is.

it was half a year after I started playing the guitar.
though Iīm a lefty, too, it was double impressive and might be the reason, why I never forgot this situation.
never the less I picked up the guitar the "regular" ( right-handed ) way.

and youīre right, paulīs performance was awesome...

Thorsten
09-24-2003, 04:19 PM
Thanks a lot guys!

Bizarro, you played it absolutely right. Itīs a real honour for me that you try to transcribe one of my songs. It would be hard for myself to deciphe any of the solos since most of them are first takes and improvised but if you need any help please let me know!

Captain, I remember that 2 years later (or so) Paul did another clinic in that same pub. A week before that he played in Ibbenbueren at Music Produktiv were I got the chance to play with him on stage and later go out for dinner with him( since I work for MP). That was a thrill to have the guy sit right next to you and talk about his time in Racer X and what guitars he used etc. Never forget it!

TK

Koala
09-25-2003, 03:57 AM
Yo Thorsten! Ive been away for a while due to a severe computer crash, but ill be back soon to dload all these videos! tried to today but alls messed up in this puter. Keep on rockin!

Thorsten
09-25-2003, 04:41 AM
Koala, Iīll be delighted to hear from ya. Good luck on your computer!

TK