PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guni/Eric

LarryJ
09-14-2003, 12:06 AM
Thanks.

I have been playing for about 4 years now, and while I have gotten quite good during that time, theres always more to learn.

I really enjoy Erics articles about practicing properly, and technique and stlye, and I'm just now getting into theory. It's been a major stumbling block for me, and I feel its nessicary to advance any further. I'm printing out the articles by Guni on intervals/triads/chords/scales etc, and really going over them. They are excellent, and I find myself understanding them more and more each time I review them.

I've been a lurker on the site for about a year now, but now that I'm a member of the forum, I just wanted to say a big thank you, and keep up the good work.

-Larry

Bongo Boy
09-14-2003, 01:52 AM
Larry:

I gotta think that a 4-year player has GOT to have some incredibly useful insights for those of us beginners!! Please don't hesistate to help out, man!!

LarryJ
09-14-2003, 03:54 AM
I'll definitly do what I can to help everyone here. As noted, I dont have much knowledge in the realm of theory, but as far as general playing, and technique goes I'm pretty good I guess. Listening to Dream Theater, Racer X, Van Halen, Rush, and bands like that will do that to you :D

I also know alot of guitar info in general, and quite a bit about equipment. I'll do my best to help everyone here out. In fact, I am even considering writing an article for the site on beggining finger picking, something I noted is missing on the lesson sections. I'm definitly no expert in the subject, but I think I could at least provide people with a basic start, and explanation into the how-to's of it, with some basic examples etc....hopefully get the ball rolling so that someone else can pick it up and expand further on the topic. I also have some videos I'd like to review, so if someone can give me the guidelines on either of these ideas, and the ibreathe music staff is open to me submitting stuff for review/possible posting, I'd definitly like to give it a shot.

-Larry

EricV
09-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Larry,
thanks a lot... I´m glad you´re getting something out of my articles... it means a lot.
Warm regards ( and a belated welcome at ibreathe )
Eric

JEM555
09-16-2003, 01:55 PM
yup

me to

thanks a ****in lot guni and eric and schulz

this is the best guitar site on the web

no ****ty articles, dont let everybody contribute, you guys knows this best!!

Rock on!!

chris
09-16-2003, 04:31 PM
My old buddy LarryJ has found this great site. Welcome aboard. I remember seeing your picture at the MM forum and you look a lot like Paul Gilbert ;)

I think you'll find that you have come to the next level of instruction here. Let the journey begin.

LarryJ
09-16-2003, 10:05 PM
Ah yes. That was paul gilbert, it was a joke since I dont have a digital camera or scanner. I dont think people got it though, some even got angry I tried to skew the picture post with a fake picture.

Your also correct in that I have 'migrated' here from the MM board. I have a large problem with the policies they're putting into place. I understood their placement, but it wasn't designed to reflect needs and concerns I had so I am taking a break from that particular board. I'll probably go back and start posting there again eventually, it's a bunch of good people there, but I just got tired of hearing from those same 8 or so people all the time. ts good to get other viewpoints someplace where you can share things freely, and it seems like the community is much more active here, as well as the posts much more informative and on many varied topics.

Besides , all these new lessons give me something to talk about! :D

metaljustice83
09-17-2003, 12:12 AM
welcome to IBREATHEMUSIC!!!!

chris
09-17-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by LarryJ
ts good to get other viewpoints someplace where you can share things freely, and it seems like the community is much more active here, as well as the posts much more informative and on many varied topics.

Besides , all these new lessons give me something to talk about! :D

Yes, it is great here and you can never go home. I think you will mature much faster here. At least I have. These are guys who have graduated from GIT (anywhere else?) for crying out loud and are sharing information with us... God bless em' :cool:

EricV
09-17-2003, 08:51 AM
Guni graduated at Berklee School of Music, actually...
Eric

Guni
09-17-2003, 10:03 AM
Yo - we have them all covered ;)

Guni

chris
09-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by EricV
Guni graduated at Berklee School of Music, actually...
Eric

Originally posted by Guni
Yo - we have them all covered ;)

Guni

This is the next best thing to actually going to a good music school me thinks.

Guni, you have a natural talent for web design too. This site is very well orchestrated.

Guni
09-18-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by chris
Guni, you have a natural talent for web design too. This site is very well orchestrated. Hehe - thanks - I'm a good arranger :D

You might have noticed that iBreathe is actually run by PlanC - a webdesign company we started a few years ago.

While studying at Berklee I had this first idea of a website dedicated to music instruction so I dived into the world of code and programming and I was fascinated by the possibilities that opened up - although I never thought that these skills might play such an important role in my future ....

Guni

szulc
09-18-2003, 10:16 PM
thanks a ****in lot guni and eric and schulz
At least I got in there somewhere!

EricV
09-19-2003, 08:40 AM
... which leads me to saying this:
Although Guni and Clive have put a whole lot of work into the site, we wouldn´t be where we´re now without people like James and Bongo ( who have either written some great articles or helped to keep the forum alive and wrote lotsa great posts... or in James´ case... both ), the other contributing authors ( Tom Hess, Mike Campese and all the others ), and of course the great people at the forums... they turned the forums into a very special place.
So thanks guys !
Eric

Koala
09-19-2003, 09:53 PM
You forgot to mention Jamey Eric :), and yes this place kicks a$$ thanks to everyone who hangs around the forums and writes such great articles.

EricV
09-20-2003, 08:13 AM
I didn´t mention Steve Morse, Jon Finn, Chris Juergensen, John Baboian, Matt Butler, Nicolas Meier, Darrin Koltow, Peter Simms, Alan Horvath, Bruce Saunders, Wayne Krantz, Charles Chapman, Marc French, Steve Carter, Thorsten Koehne, Atanas Shishkov, Francesco Farreri, Patrick Vega, Geoff Thorpe, Paul Nelson, David Howard, Meinrad Litterst, Dario, Bret Willmott, Tomo Fujita and M.T. Szymczak either... all of those have provided or contributed to at least one article. I wrote "all the others..." though :)
Eric

Guni
09-20-2003, 08:48 AM
hehe - LOL ;)

G.

Bongo Boy
09-20-2003, 02:19 PM
Okay, so we're all very pleased with ourselves!!! Let's get back to work!! :D :D

szulc
09-21-2003, 02:33 AM
When did we stop working?
I didn't get the memo!

Guni
09-21-2003, 05:43 AM
Actually, I did :D

We decided to go on a quick holiday to Italy.

Cu in a week guys.

Guni

LarryJ
09-22-2003, 05:41 AM
Sorry about that!

Eric and Guni's articles were just the ones i was working on at the moment, so they stuck out in my head. Definitly tons of great articles by everyone, Szulc included. I have enjoyed many of your articles over the past year or so. I even like Jamies 'wacky' articles, and appreciate them because I can (in some small way) relate to what he's talking about. I remember Eric mentioning how they are sort of like Vai's articles on meditation and stuff, its good to work that side of the brain everyonce in a while.

Maybe I should have just made this the official ibreathe appreciation post :p

-Larry