PDA

View Full Version : hey there

time2kill
04-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Long story, short version.I have this Casio CTK-496 keyboard. It has 36 white keys (and 25 black keys) I got a power supply for it. It has a drum machine, 100 songs, and a bunch of other junk on it.I thought it would be easier to learn theory using it because of the wwhwwwh major scale seems to match the keyboard layout with the white/black keys.I contacted an instructor and start lessons this Wednesday. I bought standard manuscript paper and started reading my "the complete idiots guide to music theory" book and started at chapter one. I'm getting ready to start chapter two.I learned "mary had a little lamb" from chapter one and wrote it out on my manuscript paper. (after doing the exercises for chapter one.Woo-hoo! I am so impatient. I want to play a song. I am using my left hand to form a major chord using fingers 1 3 5. I don't have a point here. It just seemed like there was only one thread here. It's four pages long, but the last post was in 2009.I should just wait for my instructor to give me some homework day after tomorrow, but I want to play a simple song with both hands. Should I just Google it? Should I just wait, or can you give me a link?Is there anybody here?Lol. Phil.

time2kill
04-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Oh wait, I was using the wrong option(show threads from last two months)

I can see the threads now.

Never mind. lol.