PDA

View Full Version : Sweep, Alternating Picking and Mordent Exercise

szulc
07-11-2002, 04:35 AM
I cast another one out there to see if anyone likes it.......

The fisrt part is mini-sweeps the second pasrt is straaight ahead AP the third part is pick Hammer Pull.
This time I am attaching the ptb file since it is large.
Here are a couple of excerpts...

szulc
07-11-2002, 04:36 AM
Here is the zip of the ptb file.

Wizbit81
07-11-2002, 11:33 AM
Hi Szulc,
I don't want to seem like a moron, but what file format is a .ptb file as my computer doesn't recognise it and can't use it. Is there a particular program I need to read it? Cool article you wrote on spins by the way, very interesting!

Chris

EricV
07-11-2002, 11:43 AM
Hi...

pdb. is a file format for Powertab, which you can download for free here: Powertab (http://powertab.guitarnetwork.org)

Hope this helps
Eric

szulc
07-11-2002, 11:45 AM
thanks Eric

Wizbit81
07-11-2002, 12:12 PM
Thanks guys. Useful program!

szulc
07-11-2002, 12:36 PM
I t would have been impractical to post a bitmap or series of bit maps of this. SPeaking of which how do you guys generate your bitmapsof Powertab do you just <ctrl> print screen and paste into paint or is there an easier way?

EricV
07-11-2002, 12:45 PM
Hi...

Well, I do have Paint Shop Pro 4.12 ( which is kinda outdated but still cool... unfortunately I currently donīt have the install-file anymore, but itīs a freeware program )
With that program, you can do "Capturing", kinda photographing whatīs displayed on the screen. Therefore, I can make jpegs of several staffs, like I did for my articles and some of my posts at the forum.
I chose the area of the screen to be "captured", then this section gets transferred to PSP, and there I can brighten up the colors a bit ( I do, otherwise itīs a bit too dark ), change the size ( usually I resample to a width of 600 pixels ) and save as a bmp, jpg or gif.

Once you get used to it, it works pretty fast...
Warm regards
Eric

szulc
08-08-2003, 01:33 AM
Here is a thread I started over a year ago with some cool Neo-Classical ideas.

BenoA
08-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by szulc
Here is a thread I started over a year ago with some cool Neo-Classical ideas.

what thread???

BenoA

EricV
08-08-2003, 03:26 PM
Hey James,

whew... I took another look at the ptb... awesome stuff. Quite difficult to nail atz the tempo the ptb is set to, but a great exercise and great melodies in there.
I guess I missed that one when you first put it up.
Thanks
Eric

szulc
08-08-2003, 09:47 PM
Thanks
I used to do this years ago, I can't play it nearly as fast as I used to. I would like to hear Thorsten or JDF75 do this!
I'll bet they could nail it at a ridiculously fast tempo!

tom_hogan
08-08-2003, 10:21 PM
baroque and roll baby

Thorsten
08-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Yo James!

Your wish is my command! So hereīs my best attempt after practising it for an hour.

Itīs not that ridiculously fast but at least itīs half way clean.

Iīm playing the first arpeggios up and down...those pivoting licks were giving me major trouble!;)

If Iīll keep practising I think one day Iīll get it right...cool stuff,yo!

TK

JBSSoloTK (http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/eric/JBSSOLOT.MP3)

EricV
08-09-2003, 02:26 PM
LOL, Thorsten, pal, awesome... great job. you rule !
Eric

szulc
08-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Did you execute the sweeps at the beginning with the same fingering and picking as the tab? (inverted I guess since you are a Left theat doesn't restring) In fact could you note where you changed the fingering and picking for me?

The first part of second to last set of licks (Pick Hammer Pull) didn't sound quite triplety enough but for playing that only 1 hour you are every bit as impressive as I expected. Oops I just went back and looked at the tab it is written as 16th notes and I meant those to be sextuplets!
Your rendition was awesome! Thanks A Bunch!
Thanks for bringing my musical vision to life!

Koala
08-09-2003, 03:58 PM
Kickass line Szulc ad Thorsten....your amazing technique is beginninī to annoy me:)....lolol jk.

Bizarro
08-09-2003, 04:44 PM
I can't download the mp3! AAAARRRGGHH!!!!!!!

Thorsten
08-09-2003, 04:48 PM
Thanx everybody, I had fun doing this!

For the arpeggios and pivot licks I used a different fingering and picking. Check out the tab. I didnīt write out everything, just the basics, but I think youīll get the idea. For the rest I used James tabs.
I also have an idea for the pivot licks to play with tappings, that way it would be easiest and fastest but I guess Iīll just need more time to practise.

Later...
TK

szulc
08-09-2003, 04:53 PM
Cool Thorsten
I had just realized that you were playing different Arpeggios in the beginning.

Thorsten
08-09-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Bizarro
I can't download the mp3! AAAARRRGGHH!!!!!!!

Right click and "Save As..."

P.S. "Not Shave A**":D

szulc
08-09-2003, 04:59 PM
I think it is incredible how we can use this site as a means to communicate and share musical ideas at light speed across the internet.

I post some cool ideas and asked Thorsten to take a stab at it in in a couple of hour he has posted it and we are essentially chatting across the atlantic ocean.

It doesn't get much better than this!

Thorsten
08-09-2003, 05:04 PM
Yep, I love this site!

I hope to come to Nashville next year and play the Summer NAMM for my endorser DEAN guitars. I heard you have some really cool clubs!
:cool:
TK

Koala
08-09-2003, 05:07 PM
Hey Thorsten, so you get Deans for free?? :) Wink, wink , umm did i mention how much i love deans? lolol

EricV
08-09-2003, 05:07 PM
Thorsten, rightclick and save doesnt work anymore... it did a few hours ago, but now IE isnīt able to establish a connection to a server. Send the file by email and Ill put it up to the FTP and post a link
Eric

Thorsten
08-09-2003, 05:44 PM
Eric, e-mail is on itīs way and Iīll check the server again.

Koala, these days youīll get nothing for free, pal...:D but if you come to the DEAN booth at NAMM show maybe youīll get some of the beautiful DEAN girls for free. (Maybe just a few catalogs...)

Check: DEAN GUITARS (http://www.deanguitars.com)

TK

EricV
08-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Thorsten,

thanks, got it. Hereīs da link:

http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/eric/JBSSOLOT.MP3

I changed the URL in your original post as well, so it links to the MP3 in our FTP.

Eric

BenoA
08-10-2003, 03:56 AM
Hey guys you shred!!!

Since i've been visiting this place i just wanna sell all my gear and start playing golf...

Rock on!!!

BenoA