PDA

View Full Version : Deciphering some piano chords

wildetudor
04-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Hello everyone

I'm trying to replicate the notes played on the piano in the attached short MP3 sample - I can pretty much guess it's based on the Eb major - C minor - G minor chord progression, but I just can't figure out the exact inversion (i.e. the individual notes) used in every chord. Can anyone help? Many thanks in advance!

ndrewoods
10-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Hello everyone

I'm trying to replicate the notes played on the piano lessons (http://takelessons.com/category/piano-lessons) in the attached short MP3 sample - I can pretty much guess it's based on the Eb major - C minor - G minor chord progression, but I just can't figure out the exact inversion (i.e. the individual notes) used in every chord. Can anyone help? Many thanks in advance!
The chords are in root position. The bass note is, as you say Eb, C, then G. They are most likely in what's called "keyboard voicing" which is 3 notes in the RH and one in the LH - with the 3 RH notes being in "close" position. Hope I'm right :D

wildetudor
10-14-2011, 07:23 AM
The chords are in root position. The bass note is, as you say Eb, C, then G. They are most likely in what's called "keyboard voicing" which is 3 notes in the RH and one in the LH - with the 3 RH notes being in "close" position. Hope I'm right :D

thanks very much for your help!!