PDA

View Full Version : Transcribing a quartet piece for keys and pulling my hair out!!

Roebie
08-03-2010, 03:19 AM
I'm a Guitar player who plays Synth and Keys in a cover band in Atlanta. This is a new endevour but I think I'm kicking *** and tugging on the Ladies hearts at all the appropriate moments until the Goo Goo Dolls Iris popped up.( I know but its a paying gigg) I'm pretty good on theory on the Guitar. I'm finding out that I'm not that bad on the keys either but two violins, a viola, and a cello singing in harmony like a pack of cartoon kittens is killing me. DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THIS ARRANGEMENT ALREADY TRANSCRIBED? Or can anyone help me? At first listen it doesn't seem that bad but its in the background at times and I get a little lost. Time is short and any help would be much appreciated.........Roebie

Malcolm
08-03-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm a Guitar player who plays Synth and Keys in a cover band in Atlanta. This is a new endevour but I think I'm kicking *** and tugging on the Ladies hearts at all the appropriate moments until the Goo Goo Dolls Iris popped up.( I know but its a paying gigg) I'm pretty good on theory on the Guitar. I'm finding out that I'm not that bad on the keys either but two violins, a viola, and a cello singing in harmony like a pack of cartoon kittens is killing me. DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THIS ARRANGEMENT ALREADY TRANSCRIBED? Or can anyone help me? At first listen it doesn't seem that bad but its in the background at times and I get a little lost. Time is short and any help would be much appreciated.........Roebie
As no one has jumped on this - and time is short.......
1. Did you mean to give us an audio of what you've done? If so I can not find it.
2. Violins, viola, guitar, keyboard and a cello ---- beyond giving everyone the same lead sheet and let them work it out, I'd go Jell-O.

Perhaps someone will jump in.

JonR
08-03-2010, 10:51 PM
I quite like this song. I can open up my Transcribe software and have a go - but then you could do that! ;)
http://www.seventhstring.com/

Personally - if you don't have a lot of time - I wouldn't worry about precision of every part (for a gig) - those cello lines seem the important ones. Otherwise, just play the chords, with a nice beefy string patch. The audience ought to be paying attention to the singer anyhow... ;)

If I get time, I'll get back to with the chords (if you don't know them - some of them are a little unusual) - but don't hold your breath.;)

Roebie
08-04-2010, 02:39 AM
Thanks guys for your response to this thread. I appre. it very much. As with strings they descend and ascend at the same time, at times, to form wonderful harmony s and in the meat of the song you also have the rest of the band goin' off. I'll keep bangin' on til it comes together. Thanks again !!

winstonterr
09-29-2010, 04:52 AM
Hi,
I am planning on becoming really good at playing the guitar but i love playing guitar hero too...would that be weird if i was really good at the guitar and played guitar hero still?