PDA

View Full Version : This site is just awesome

forgottenking2
07-30-2003, 08:23 PM
Hello y'all

A Texas practicing musician here, down to a few months ago I still felt bad about not being able to go to a music institute like GIT and learn "the right stuff the way it should be", but that kinda pushed me to learn by myself, I've been playing for 8 years (which really doesn't say anything, you can play for 15 and still be stuck on your alternate picking) and checked out lots of learning resources, books and stuff (I got Petrucci's Rock discipline back when it came in VCR format, and P.G.'s videos and what not) and I think your site deserves an ovation, this is just AWESOME, you guys expose here concepts that take most of us years to figure out, I just don't know how else to say it... just THANK YOU

metaljustice83
07-30-2003, 08:34 PM
definatly agreed, I'm gladyou like it here, welcome. I know I like it here

Koala
07-30-2003, 10:50 PM
Amen brother! Theyve done a great job of putting this place together. Plus the community is pretty tight as well, hope to see you around the forums.

Dr. J
07-31-2003, 10:14 PM
I'm blown away by the helpfull attitudes of forum members.
There is such a wealth of knowledge out there.
It may well be the subject of another thread but I'd be interested in what members feel is the "single most important piece of advice they had recieved about learning guitar"
Sort of an iBreathe book of wisdom

Koala
08-01-2003, 01:16 AM
Hey Dr. J, welcome to Ibreathe, ummm i believe there was a thread on that topic some time ago, use the search option to check it out. But in case there isnt id have to say the best guitar tip ive ever gotten actually a music tip is to listen to lotsa of music, nothing gives you more than listening to music. You can sit down and learn a lick book upside down, still if you listen to all kinds of music you wont be thinking about licks, but the music will just flow...itll be like "yeah, ive been here before", or youll just play somn you heard sometime that really blew you away that you dont even consiously remember.....

ANYWAY im rambling

Welcome and hopefully youll hang around the forums