PDA

View Full Version : piano midi

fingerpikingood
02-25-2010, 01:48 AM
anyone know of any midi resources? specifically piano? more specifically Oscar peterson?

Malcolm
02-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Not real sure what "midi" refers to.

This may help.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=video%2c+Oscar+peterson&mkt=en-us&FORM=SOLTLB&PC=SUN1#

I've got a bunch of how to play keyboard stuff, if that is not what you want/need.

fingerpikingood
02-25-2010, 05:35 PM
thanks, i'll check it out. but how to play keyboard stuff, is not necessarily the route i'd want to go. basically i'd like midi instead of reading music, and i'd like to get some transcriptions of great pianists so i can learn some stuff from them.

i have a cool oscar peterson note for note book. but i can't read sheet music, so i have to ear everything out, which is slower. but midi stuff would be much easier. the more advanced the better too.

EDIT: ya, i've checked out a few videos. the difficulty is that often he is very quick, and there is often lots of noise over chords, and i find it a little difficult sometimes to ear out the full chords on the fly. i might find a couple notes, but when they are doing stuff like playing a chord with one passing semi-tone moving through, i need to find the full chord including that passing tone and then pass it, in the amount of time i hear it. which is basically impossible.

so i'm trying to find midi clips of people copying transcriptions of Oscar peterson or some other great pianists, but oscar peterson is my favorite so far.