PDA

View Full Version : The greatest

videochile
07-24-2003, 09:31 AM
It just occured to me, none of my guitar role models are female. Then I also realised...I have no clue in regards to what female guitarists are out there!! So are there any well known females out there?

CaptainCarma
07-24-2003, 10:11 AM
hi videochile,

of course, there are some more or less well known female guitarplayers.

jennifer batten - tour guitar for michael jackson and jeff beck. some cool solo records. has HUGE eightfinger chops.

jaye foucher - some kind of instrumental hardrock/metal... donīt know much about her and have never listened to any of her songs.

beth marlies - GIT instructor...

shannon curfman - teenage bluesgirl. very talented and a voice so damn strong. listen to her debut "loud guitars, big suspicions".

ana popovic - croatic/german mid-twen that studied in the netherlands. great guitarplaying somewhere between blues and jazz and again a very good vocalist. check out her page...

www.anapopovic.com

videochile
07-25-2003, 11:51 PM
thanks for that captaincarma :) Will check them out. Im a guy by the way!! Just was interested in what female guitarists are out there :)

evh_5150
07-26-2003, 01:49 AM
The great kat is the shredder queen. she played violin at Juiliard then switched over.

CaptainCarma
07-26-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by videochile
thanks for that captaincarma :) Will check them out. Im a guy by the way!! Just was interested in what female guitarists are out there :)

I never thought of you as a girl...

my answer would have been the same in both ways :)