PDA

View Full Version : Sheet music/CD combination

3-wide
02-24-2009, 02:29 AM
I’ve just discovered this wonderful iBreathMusic so if what I am about to ask has been discussed in previous threads, please direct me to that thread if possible.

One of the most helpful tools I’ve discovered in helping me to learn to play stride piano, is Judy Charmichael’s book “Introduction to Stride Piano.”

The reason it is so helpful is that in addition to containing sheet music for 8 stride pieces it also has a CD of her playing those pieces at both practice and performance speeds. Being able not only to see the sheet music, but to hear how each piece should sound is a tremendous help, especially since my music reading skills are not very good.

Question; does anyone know of similar ‘Sheet music/CD’ combinations for stride piano?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

(I’m not sure about the most appropriate place to post this so I’m trying it on both ‘Getting Started” and “Piano & Keys” forums.

Malcolm
02-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Not familiar with that piece, however, you are correct the Internet is now full of video "how to play" selections. I bet Google will find some for you.