PDA

View Full Version : Shred Overkill III / New soundfiles !

EricV
06-23-2003, 12:44 PM
Hey guys,

Yup, Thorsten and me recorded some stuff again. That collection of tunes is growing slowly but surely... at that pace, we might have a whole album together by the end of the year =)

We recorded two new jams, "Minkified" and "Strange Birthday Song"... and again: spontaneous session, dings and all, no attempt to play authentic funk or anything, yadda yadda yadda :)

You can check them out at my website (http://www.ericvandenberg.com)

Just go to the news, there´s a link to the download page.
Hope you´ll like it... it sure was a bunch of fun to record this stuff !
Eric

NP: Steve Morse - Live in NYC 1992 ( from the "Sects, Dregs..." DVD )

EricV
06-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Some artwork courtesy of my webmaster... :)

CaptainCarma
06-23-2003, 05:48 PM
before I go to listen to the new tracks, please tell me: is this artwork a snapshot of you playing, or are you just posing... :p

EricV
06-23-2003, 05:52 PM
Well, when those pics were taken, we were posing ( check out the pics on my site ), but while we were doing so, I was playing some tapping-lick of an song of mine, where I use three fingers of the right hand.
So... it´s both posin´ and playin´... :)

Eric

CaptainCarma
06-23-2003, 05:55 PM
while I write, I am listening to "minkyfied", who did those "vocals"? is this one of you speaking or are these samples?

btw.: I recently went online, you may check out my homepage:

www.gooskin.com , still more to come...

EricV
06-23-2003, 06:16 PM
Those are samples from "American Beauty"...

Cool site... hey, is that the real surname of your drummer ? Paganini ? Cool ! :)

Eric

CaptainCarma
06-23-2003, 06:25 PM
believe it or not, "paganini" is his real name. "nomen est omen" in a strange way I think. :D

Thorsten
06-23-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by CaptainCarma
believe it or not, "paganini" is his real name. "nomen est omen" in a strange way I think. :D

COOL!!! If that were the guitar players name and he´s NOT a shredder he´d be in serious trouble!:D

I can´t download any songs from your site. How come?

TK

CaptainCarma
06-24-2003, 06:42 AM
though I´m the guitarplayer, I´m so glad, it´s not my name...

regarding the soundfiles, you do have to show a bit patience. we went online just yesterday ( quite sure that eric was the first and you thorsten the second to see and visit our page ).
there are a lot of things that still have to be uploaded. soundfiles, bandinfo, picgallery, gigschedule + complete english version etc.
so what you see now is just something like an appatizer.

hope you all comeback to check the full version...

Marc