PDA

View Full Version : Hey Thorsten

metaljustice83
06-20-2003, 04:25 AM
Happy bday.....thanks for your.....advice, suggestions, and help here at Ibreathe.

EricV
06-20-2003, 10:44 AM
Thorsten,

Happy Birthday, dude !!!
Hope you´re having a good one, buddy

Looking forward to jamming with ya tomorrow !

Warm regards
Eric

Guni
06-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Happy Bday Thorsten!!!

June's just the best month for birthdays.... ;) ;)

All the best,

Guni

Koala
06-20-2003, 04:42 PM
Hey Thorsten, i believe i find your playing more impressive than your growing older so ill skip the happy bday and say Happy Playing.

Youre a kick *** player man, have yourself a good one.

Thorsten
06-20-2003, 04:47 PM
Hey guys, thank you so much! Where´s the presents?;) muhahaa

I´m looking for some kind of cool solo to post but can´t find any...this damn pop band I´m in keeps me from shreddin...

ROCK!!!

TK

Koala
06-20-2003, 05:16 PM
Well Thorsten, if they keep you from shredding you might as well work on your dance steps :D lol jk.

Is be nice to hear somethin new from ya

Thorsten
06-20-2003, 05:28 PM
...wait a minute... here´s a ... song (http://home.t-online.de/home/Mr.Shred/mp3/SONG X.mp3)

There should be vocals on there too but I couldn´t come up with some intelligent lyrics ;) So if you´re listening to it just think of some cool heavy metal screaming over it...

Thank you!

TK

Oceano
06-20-2003, 06:51 PM
Happy birthday, and cool song.

CaptainCarma
06-20-2003, 10:16 PM
just 15 min. late, but happy birthday thorsten...

indeed, cool song, and I´m sure to know your inspiration for the intro/main melody. :D
but I just can´t remember...

all the best to you from cologne...

Marc

CaptainCarma
06-20-2003, 10:23 PM
know this one?

Thorsten
06-21-2003, 07:33 AM
Thanx guys! Damn, Captain, now I know where I stole it from:D ...

...but I have no idea who that is! White Lion? Winger? Firehouse? The Red Hot Chilli Peppers:D (just kiddin!)

I´m sure Eric knows it...he knows every band on the planet!

TK

Thorsten
06-21-2003, 07:47 AM
...Oh yeah, Koala...I´m working on my dance steps. One thing I came up with lately is trying to moonwalk and play a frantic guitar solo simultaneously! I think nobody has ever done that before:D

TK

CaptainCarma
06-21-2003, 10:13 AM
hey thorsten.

my attachement is a winger song called "hanging on" ( winger "1" ).
but nevertheless yours is cool , too.
it was quite funny, that kip´s vocal lines immedeately came to my mind, when listening to your song.

Marc

Thorsten
06-21-2003, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I guess we just sample the "Uh Yeah"`s and "Hey Baby"´s and put´em over my song...

Seriously...Winger was a great band although they got this image(thanks to Beavies and Butthead) of being the ultimate sissy,hairspray band but they were all great musicians! The production back in the 80´ties was HUGE...just listen to the drum sound...awesome!

Not so long ago Kip Winger released a solo-album which was amazing but hardly got any recognition just because he still has that bad image. He said he could record "Sergeant Peppers" and record companys still wouldn´t like it just because it´s him.

I think it´s a shame how many great talents get wasted just because of stupid trends in the music industrie.

TK

Dave
06-21-2003, 08:47 PM
Yeah Thorsten, Winger wasn't just another pretty boy hair band, but actually former session musicians!!!

Belated Happy Birthday by the way...

Dave

EricV
06-21-2003, 10:45 PM
Yeah, Kip Winger had a good musical education ( Juilliard, I believe ). Reb Beach did a lot of sessions prior to being in Winger ( Bee Gees... ), and Rod Morgenstein... he of course was ( and still is ) the drummer of the Dixie Dregs... Thorsten, you can see and hear him on the DVD I gave ya...
Rawk !
Eric

CaptainCarma
06-22-2003, 07:12 AM
thorsten,

if you´re talking about "this conversation seems like a dream", you´re absolutely right. cool songs, that create great atmosphere.
and great guitar, btw. ( andy timmons ).