PDA

View Full Version : Happy Bday Guni!!!!!!!!!

metallibeast
06-17-2003, 05:03 PM
What's up?

Thanks for creating such a wonderful site for us!!!

-Beast

Zatz
06-17-2003, 09:58 PM
Oh!!! What a wonderful day!

Happy birthday Guni!

A big full screen banner is definitely missing on the front page: "Today is Guni's birthday - a worldwide holiday". ;)

Shortly after IBreathe anniversary this day is very joyful because the creator and his creation go hand in hand and we are all bathing in the warm rays of his inspiration.

Thanks and cheers! I still got one bottle of beer left in my fridge.

Let your personal new year be extremely fun and bring you desire, urge, inspiration and fruitful results!

Zatz.

metaljustice83
06-18-2003, 03:51 AM
HAPPY B DAY!!!!!

Schooligo
06-18-2003, 07:56 AM
Happy Birthday, Guni!!!!

I agree with everyone, this is a great inspiration, THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

on a similar note how did you spend your Birthday?
and/or also did you treat yourself or recieve anything for your Birthday??
ie. a new Guitar,
A trip to Fort Lauderdale, FL for Spring Break!!
A new Lear jet,
your own personal Yacht,
etc.

but I digress(since I would want those things for myself, and as I'm sure you already have these items) :D

even if you don't have these items(YOU CERTAINLY DESERVE THEM!) I want you to know how I hope the greatest for you now & in the future!!!

It's great that even though IBreathe Music is your project(& I'm sure your very proud of it!)

That you still make the time & effort to contribute excellent Articles, Forum Questions, & still maintain the Integrity, Professionalism, & Knowledge at IBreathe Music!!

Guni
06-18-2003, 09:03 AM
Thanks for all your wishes guys - I appreciate it :D :D

Let's lift one of the last hidden secrets of iBreathe: :D
I'm 33 today - phew, damn, that all goes much too quickly - but if we're lucky and I continue smoking as much as I do we have some 50 more years of iBreathe ahead of us - LOL - quite a thought.

It's now nearly 6 years I think that I have been working on this site - first with guitar4u and now with iBreathe. And yes, I am proud of how far we have come but I'm even more excited about what we have in stock for the future. As announced earlier the new forum software is in its release stages. I did some first tests and I'm blown away by the potential it holds for our little community. This summer will be quite a busy one with getting these new developments happening....

As for today I'll plan a pretty chilled out day - listen to music - have a few beers - go out for dinner ...

Cheers to all of you,

Guni

Guni
06-18-2003, 09:38 AM
Well, 'listening to music' turned out to be me going through some old recordings I did.

I stumbled over this little solo I wanna share with you.

To me this is an interesting one as it was performed in one take without working it out - a snapshot of a moment and how it 'just happened'. It's not perfect at all! - rhythmically, technically as well as the guitar sound itself - but it's got something that I dig. I call it 'Guni's drunken Guitar Style' :D

I hope you enjoy it.

Guni

(it's about 500k)

CaptainCarma
06-18-2003, 10:36 AM
to keep it short and simple:

happy birthday guni...and thanx for this great site...

btw.: I do love the solo you attached, besides your playing I do really love the sound.
is there a chance to get some more info about the band you performed this with? ´cause it seems to be a real cool song...

Marc

EricV
06-18-2003, 11:20 AM
Arrrghh.,.. Man, I´m so sorry... HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, PAL !
I feel really bad now, since we talked on the phone this morning and I had no clue it is yer birthday... now I feel bad :(

Dude, all the best wishes, looking forward for the "new stuff" *hint* =)
Eric

jesus
06-18-2003, 11:30 AM
Happy Birthday Guni!!! and in spanish "Feliz Cumpleaņos".
I just want to join to all people and to thanks to Guni for this helpfull and nice virtual place for all we love and life for the guitar.

Jesus

EricV
06-18-2003, 11:38 AM
... and that solo really is cool. Love that guitar-sound ! Some cool, unusual things in the lines, too

Now I´m eager to hear more :)
Eric

szulc
06-18-2003, 11:45 AM
This reminds me of Jan Akkerman.
(If that doesn't ring a bell, I REALLY DIG JAN AKKERMAN)

Oceano
06-18-2003, 02:14 PM
Happy birthday man.

Thorsten
06-18-2003, 05:11 PM
Happy Birthday Guni and a heartfelt "Servus" to Austria! Very cool solo, great tone and may I say I also dig the hammond.:)

For a lot more breathing music...

Cheers!

TK

Michel
06-18-2003, 08:20 PM
Bonne Fete et merci

B'Bye

Wyll_Watts
06-19-2003, 02:48 AM
Hey Guni!

Happy (severely belated) Birthday!

Just wanted to give a big thanks for all your work in guitar4u and ibreathe music. You've created a great community setting here that I look forward to every day. Well, I won't wax philosophic or get sappy about how much this community and learning center means to me.. but, just, THANKS MAN!

Best Wishes,
Wyll

Guni
06-19-2003, 08:32 AM
Again, thanks a lot guys!!! Well, Bday is over but it turned out to be quite a nice party ... will need all day recovering from this one :D
Originally posted by CaptainCarma
is there a chance to get some more info about the band you performed this with? ´cause it seems to be a real cool song... A few years back I was involved in 3 big independent projects with an Austrian composer. The first one was a musical ('Once upon a Day') which we worked on for 2 years ... next to producing and recording the CD the definite highlight was performing it live in Vienna over a period of 2 months.

The second project was called ('Welcome to the Madhouse'). Kind of a mixture between a musical and a play - that one was quite mad :D but real fun. Again, we recorded a CD and performed it live.

I gotta say that working with this composer (if anyone is interested his name is Otto Walter Ebenbichler) was a great musical experience and education. (well, combined with the experiences at Berklee ...).

Anyway, the above solo is part of the third project. A CD production entitled 'Groovy Dialog', which was recorded in summer 1997 inbetween my 2 last Berklee semesters.

Due to my living abroad we lost contact and Otto was also quite busy with other stuff. We recently got in touch again and were brainstorming ways on how we could revive our work and with what projects we could again 'shock' the public :D

Next timeI'll meet Otto I will ask him for permission to post more material from the CDs in order to present you with entire songs.

Laterz,

Guni

CaptainCarma
06-19-2003, 10:25 AM
that would be great and thanx so far for the already given informaion.

jchalas
06-20-2003, 02:11 AM
Happy Birthday Guni, even tho' this is now a day late. I hope it was a great one for you.

Janice

Dave
06-21-2003, 08:51 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Guni!!!

Thanks for this great site!!!

Dave

Koala
06-22-2003, 04:04 PM
Better late than nevre they say, but i hope better very very late than never applies as well, so Happy Birthday GUNI! And i got to say im also really looking forward to the new stuff.

Thanks for everything

Koala
06-22-2003, 04:05 PM
That thing you uploaded it sounds whack man, hope you REALLY post some more of it in the near future.

ROCK ON!