PDA

View Full Version : epiphone les paul fault

bluesbreaker63
05-22-2003, 07:43 PM
Hi everyone

I'm an old newbie with a problem.I've been learning guitar for a couple of weeks only. Last night when I started to practice I got no sound when I flicked the 3-way pickup switch to rhythm on my Epiphone Les Paul (neck pickup I think). It worked okay in the other 2 positions. My questions are these...

1. What is the problem?

2. Can I fix it myself ?

3. How do I fix it?

Hope you guys can be of help.

Thanks in advance
Paul

metallibeast
05-23-2003, 06:04 AM
What's up?

1. What is the problem?
Juz wanted to ask is the neck pickup working when the toggle is in the center position? if not most liking the soldering is loose or the pot is not working?

2. Can I fix it myself ?
If ya handy with a soldering iron...shouldn't be much of a problem.

Open up the back plate and checking the wiring to c if any wiring is loose...if so solder it back on...if the wiring looks ok...than its probably your pot.

if your neck pickup is working when the toggle switch is in the middle; it could be due to the switch, could be rusty may need cleaning.

Hope this helps and doesn't sound too confusing

-Beast

Rock_Rocket
05-23-2003, 08:17 AM
Sometimes the solution for a problem is just too obvious, so... make sure that the volume pot for the neck-pu is turned up.
I'm pretty sure you already checked this but I wanted to mention that anyway.

Best regards!

Rock_Rocket

:)

bluesbreaker63
05-23-2003, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the advice guys...BUT...

When I've checked it in more detail i've noticed
1. there's no loose wiring
2. when the switch is in the middle position the tone knob (for the neck pickup) makes a difference to the overall sound, but the volume knob (for the neck pickup) has no effect.

Does this mean that not only is the switch selector faulty but also the neck pickup volume knob?

Many thanks
Paul

metallibeast
05-24-2003, 08:46 AM
What's up?

You defintely need to change the pot for your neck pickup. There's probably nothing wrong with the switch.

-Beast