PDA

View Full Version : 16th runs

paularve
04-28-2003, 03:07 PM
Hi there!
Does anyone know if there are any special patterns/modes which some of the guitar greats like George Benson, Martino, Pass follows when they play 16ths notes for 40 seconds, and they go inside and outside the scale/chord-structure in a song? Is there any books available that talks about advanced soloing/licks like this?

NorseWolf
04-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Just for scale patterns and learning scales over the entire neck, for a bunch of scales and their modes, This is the ultimate book. I've always made it a point in my learning of scales to know how to play them any where, in any shape....it is fun. That may help, I hope.

Just pick a place on the fretboard, choose a pattern or a chord, play it, and then add on notes outside of that pattern, over and over. Soon you'll be ripping through these. You'll not only be familiar with the one scale you're working with, but all the modes as well.

As far as the specifics about those players, I can't say much as I have not heard them, I sorta sheltered myself in the realm of metal, too bad, but I am now way open to hearing all the other players.

Hope this will help you.