PDA

View Full Version : Harmony??

JEM555
04-27-2003, 11:00 AM
Hey!!

Are you going to write an article about Harmony???
that would have been cool.

Michel
04-27-2003, 06:30 PM
Bonjour
I have volume 1 Modern Harmonic Technique ..A comprehensive survey of basic harmonic and melodie very good book to help you
SLEEP nothing is comprehensive in there

I would Love to read some Guni's explanation on that subjet.
And more on harmonising a melodie
the way Guni explain things fit's me

B'Bye..Michel

Guni
04-28-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by JEM555
Hey!!

Are you going to write an article about Harmony???
that would have been cool. Hi Jem555,

Who are you asking? :-) and I'm a bit surprised that there's not enough theory on the site already - ya want more???

Guni

JEM555
04-28-2003, 09:16 AM
Sorrry, i meant you Guni, Eric or Schulz to write an article about harmony!! You know, about how iron maiden makes their harmony etc...

Guni
04-28-2003, 10:14 AM
ah ok, I see.... yeah, I guess it would be interesting to see some 'real world' examples of harmony usage depending on style. I mean it's all in there, it all comes from the same theory - it's just a matter of how it is used, be it Metal or Jazz.... this could make up some nice and inspiring articles.....

One aspect is how a tune is arranged. We've talked about this a bit already but it's certainly important when you think about how and why different styles sound as they do. Havin' 2 distorted guitars will sound heavy - take a jazz standard, make all chords power chords, add a straight 4/4 drum beat, and it will sound heavy - no matter what. Well, maybe not a great example but you see what I'm aiming at.

BTW: Iron Maiden love melodies played in 3rds as far as I can remember:D Is actually pretty cheesy if you think about it but performed with 2 dist. guitars (and/or bass) it sounds just damn cool.

Guni

Bongo Boy
04-30-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Guni - take a jazz standard, make all chords power chords, add a straight 4/4 drum beat, and it will sound heavy ...hmmmm, Autumn Leaves for example. This gives me an idea. :D

Guni
05-02-2003, 01:38 PM
I'm really looking forward to the results of your next recording session :D

Guni