PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Dregs spring tour

EricV
04-25-2003, 02:16 AM
Hey guys,

a bit late, but better late than never... we just posted the tourdates of the current Dixie Dregs spring tournee at the calendar (http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/calendar.php?s=)

If you havenīt seen the Dregs or Steve Morse play live yet, I really recommend to check out one or more of those shows.
So, if ya live close to one of the venues, go check it out, itīs really worth it !

Eric

The Bash
04-25-2003, 09:51 PM
I Saw them open for Dream Theater a few years back and I'll I gotta say is OMG.
Hey I owned the albums, I loved Steve Morse but nothing perpared me for watching these guys do it live.
Steves got this really cool laid back, "I'mma gonna play ya little tune" type stage presence that's very relaxing."
They definaly love what there doing and it shows.
Whatching them do The Bash and trading of every 4 bars. 2 bars, 1 bar, 1/2 bar till there where actually trading off every other note at mega speed. I can't explain it ya just gotta see it :)

EricV
04-25-2003, 10:41 PM
Well, I saw it :)
I saw like 4 shows of that Dream Theater tour, 1 or 2 of them from the side of the stage, and I was equally amazed.
And within the next few days I should finally get the Steve Morse DVD, which is supposed to be really good.
Things I am looking forward to see:

- The SMB "Electric / acoustic show"... it says on the track-list that thereīs a live-version of "ghostwind" on there, which is one of my favorite Morse-songs, and one of my favorite songs altogether...
- The long Morse-interview...
- The "Cruise Missile" video clip ;)
Canīt wait :)
Eric