PDA

View Full Version : Attention Pitiful Mortals! Prepare To Be Destroyed!

FireStorm
04-11-2003, 02:57 AM
Ha ha ha it's here! My Troy Stetina out of print Thrash guitar method is here! It's amazing. It's hard as hell but the thrash theory and such is awesome. By the time someone gets through with this book, they can destroy anyone!

Wyll_Watts
04-16-2003, 09:34 PM
The Thrash Guitar Method book is out of print!!???

There is a little mom and pop print music store near here that has like 5 copies of that thing that have been sitting around for years.. maybe I should go snatch them up.. hehe..

I remember that book well, it was pretty cool and helped when I first got into metal, Troy's Speed Mechanics book is kind of cliche with some people now but I still think that book rocks too.. Troy's methods sure didn't hurt my playing any..

Enjoy the thrashing!
Wyll Watts

P.S. - I havn't seen my copy around in a while so I don't remember all the song titles, but wasn't there a song in there called Bug Guts? lol.. Troy is great...

FireStorm
04-16-2003, 10:04 PM
There sure is a song called Bug Guts, heh:D
I'm not there yet. I love all of Troy's methods and the great part I'm the only one in my area who knows about and uses them. I think the true test to see if you're a thrash is by being able to play all of Master of Puppets and Holy Wars.

Wyll_Watts
04-16-2003, 11:25 PM
hehe, yeah man.. those two songs are great.. actually, the entire albums those songs come from are classic thrash. I learned alot from those albums that I still use today even though I don't really consider myself primarily a metal guitarist now. I think I'll go break out the KH-2 and the metal zone and rock again.. lol

Bug Guts!
Wyll