PDA

View Full Version : Happy B-day iBreathe!

Guni
04-07-2003, 11:38 AM
Hi guys,

This is the thread dedicated to iBreathe's 1st birthday and the special page we put up at www.iBreatheMusic.com/birthday.

Type away if there's anything you'd like to comment on ...

Thanks,

Guni

Danster
04-07-2003, 12:09 PM
Happy Birthday iBreathe! Thanks Guni for all your work toward making this a GREAT SITE. Thanks also to Eric, szulc, Bizarro, and others who have provided so much helpful advice over this first year. You guys are so valuable to guitar ignoramuses such as myself. But Guni, why did you put your father's picture in your Guni's blurb article? :D :D

Zatz
04-07-2003, 12:15 PM
Hurra! YO! :cool:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IBREATHEMUSIC

Wow, I bet one would never tell it's been just a year since the site launch! But it's true - look at this webbie-cutie!

1 year - and IBreathe already talks, acts, plays and sings mature!

Congratualtions to all who created this AMAZING project and those who've been constantly contributing to it!

I'll do myself a day-off today. I can work no longer since I saw this thread and realized today is IBreathe birthday :D

Long live IBreathe!

Zatz.

Guni
04-07-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Danster But Guni, why did you put your father's picture in your Guni's blurb article? :D :D [/B] There ya can see what 1 year of iBreathe can do to your body! I was young strong and healthy last time I checked a year ago ... :D

The Bash
04-07-2003, 12:50 PM
Hey, if I post Happy Birthday another 1,617 times
I'll surpass Eric on the Top Ten Post List :)

P.S. U Guys Rock

Clive
04-07-2003, 03:36 PM
Well I can only echo that it's been a great year and it's been teriffic working with Guni and Eric, watching ibreathe grow from a plain text beta into the beast that it is now.

To commemorate this event, here's a little behind-the-scenes look for anyone who's interested: This link (http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/posts/yikes.gif) will take you to some early mockups of how ibreathe might have looked if it wasnt for the stubborness and persistance of Guni during the early design stages ;-) [note: image is 150k in size]

Clive

CaptainCarma
04-07-2003, 03:57 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY...

I do really love this site and promise to keep the faith to you all.
letīs keep it alive.

best wishes and muchas gracias to all of you mentioned above for making this my number one internet - playground.

NP: "big girl" - candy dulfer

Thorsten
04-07-2003, 04:25 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY IBREATHE!

Thanx a lot to Eric for having a fun "Shred Talk" and for supporting me and Demon Drive all the way.

Many thanx of course to Guni for making me an official ibreathe advisor.

Ibreatheīs a fantastic place to talk to people from all over the world about one very powerful subject: MUSIC

Music is the universal language!

http://home.t-online.de/home/Mr.Shred/mp3/index-Dateien/image001.png

I wish everybody at iBreathe all the best for the future and...

....ROCK ON!!!

TK

metallibeast
04-07-2003, 04:47 PM
What's up?

Wow can't believe its been one year already...time really flies.

I learn alot of stuff from here especially from Eric's article...Good Job you guys

HAPPY B-DAY

-Beast

JEM555
04-07-2003, 05:09 PM
Its norwegian for happy birthday:D

B A Stone
04-07-2003, 05:40 PM
Happy B-Day iBreathe:D

Thanks to everyone for a great site with great instruction and info.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!:cool:

Schooligo
04-08-2003, 12:54 AM
Happy Birthday,

This is a great Site, that continues to get better:
ie. knowledgeable participants, educated contributors, & awesome Authors!

A Great Resource for ALL musicians!

One year active this is Damn Cool!!

Thank You for everything!!!

metaljustice83
04-08-2003, 05:17 AM
Happppppy BIrffffdayyyyyyyyyy

thanks for everything, to everyone at Ibreathemusic

Oceano
04-08-2003, 04:47 PM
I am glad I found this site.

WaterGuy
04-08-2003, 08:09 PM
sol sol la sol do ti
sol sol la sol re do...

Thanks to Guni's solfege articles...
Introduction to Solfege (http://www.ibreathemusic.com/learn/article/44)
and
Solfege - Part 2 (http://www.ibreathemusic.com/learn/article/67)

I can now figure out things like this. Thanks Guni, and thanks to everyone at iBreatemusic.

Rock on!

Shred Fan
04-09-2003, 07:30 AM
Well, what can I say? To say that this is an awesome site would be an understatement.

I'm sure it has all been said before but here we go (you guys deserve it),

Guni, congratulations to you on such a great site and best of luck with the site in future (though you don't really need it).

Eric, your articles are not only well written and an amazing source of info, they are also entertaining at the same time (must just be your style of writing). They have helped me immensly and I look forward to any articles you are to write in future.

Finally, congratulations on this forum system here to all of you. The regulars on this board are all a great bunch of people, so I'll be seeing you guys around :)

That's about it, though it can basically all be summarised in saying "keep up the good work".

Shred on,
-Shred Fan

EricV
04-09-2003, 02:29 PM
Author of the Year: Eric Vandenberg

*walks up to mic* *sobs* Uhm... *sob* I would like to thank the Academy, my manager, my stylists, my sponsors, and YOU*sobs*
*walks off stage* *Britney Spears enters the stage and performs her newest song... full playblack*

Thanks, guys !

Eric

PS: I recently re-read the "Music Metaphysics 101" thread,and I gotta say itīs one of my favorite threads... really interesting !

nickwellings
04-14-2003, 07:57 AM
I remember coming here in the first few days...when there we about 3 members :D

Haven't posted much since...(I know! I know! Naughty).

This website rules. I always refer people to the articles...in fact, I just refered somene to Eric's Beat It solo article.

Major thanks and praise to EVERYONE that writes those articles, and to everyone that posts their thoughts on here.

Here's to another year (and MORE!) of excellence.

szulc
04-14-2003, 01:03 PM
I breathe music has come a long way in the sense of community in the last 12 months. It is a privilege to be part of this. I appreciate the fact that everyone puts up with my SH$#!.
I only hope the music theory and practice discussions can remain on track and not be hijacked into some discussion of who is the best guitarist, or become a chat repository for lonely teenagers.
It is my hope that the site continues to grow its core community of regulars and continues to be a good source for useful and practical music information. In addition it is pleasing to have forums as civil as this site, as most forums degrade into constant flaming and hero worship after a short while.
It is pleasant to exchange ideas in this environment.
Two more days until my annivesary, here!

EricV
04-14-2003, 01:26 PM
Hey James,

wow, your anniversary coming up in 2 days ( I wonīt be able to go online for a few days from tomorrow on, so congrats from me already !!! ) and you just crossed the 1100posts-line =)

I completely agree to what you wrote, I am glad too that ibreathe didnīt turn into another "my favorite player can kick your favorite playerīs a**"-kinda board.
Itīs quite interesting to hang out here, and I am looking forward to the upcoming changes.
I also very much enjoyed reading your articles, and trying out those picking-exercises you posted a while ago...

Warm regards
Eric