PDA

View Full Version : Problem : Hearing loss

Lexavier
10-14-2006, 04:32 AM
hello,
I recently lost the highs in my ears, I dont know how bad it is , I just know that whenever a high pitched sound is being made, sometimes it goes all muffled, sometimes it does not.

I have been listening to soundgardens badmotorfinger and louder than love lately, and I am sure some of you know that soundgarden is a little bit more expressive when it comes to using more treble than some other bands. I know that was the cause of this.

it is really freaking annoying and I need help. Is there any way to restore this? obviously I am not listening to music loud anymore, and I haven't even touched soundgarden. It wasn't like I was listening to it at an unreasonable level either. Once again though, is this fixable? what can I do? anything you guys know that can help me would be great because I just can't seem to get out of these annoying little bumps in the road.

I do have these ear plugs that have a metal piece in them to block out the highs, not totally, you can hear them clearly, but they dont affect you at all in the way it would without the earplugs. thanks again.

Dan

Koala
10-14-2006, 05:04 AM
Dan, many things could be causing this. Go see the doctor immediately.

ashc
10-14-2006, 10:39 AM
+1 for the doc. I had a problem with my ears like this that went on for some months - It was just blocked up tubes in the end (allergies or something else unknown). Just went away after a few months but I was panicking for a while.

Malcolm
10-15-2006, 12:24 AM
I have lost 70% of the hearing in my left ear. This led to a constant hissing sound, not very pleasant. Yes, get to a Doctor before nerve damage sets in. Your hearing is not something to be taken lightly.

PetrucciWylde
01-26-2007, 03:11 PM
see your doctor, could be something simple such as blocked sinuses/excess wax, doesnt sound nice but easy to sort out, i used to freak out about ringing in my ears cuz im sensible and usually wear plugs for gigs/practices but more often than not the problem for me is having a cold and it blocks me up, then i just have my ears syringed which gets rid of all the ****/wax. :cool: lol