people talking to you. It has something to do with
the audatory part of your brain and some malfuntioning
neurons. I actually kind of like it now that I know I'm
not crazy. I have learned how to make it switch to
a new song also. All I have to do is play the radio
or a tape for about 20 minutes and my brain picks
on of those songs to replace the one that I was hearing
before the tape played. Cool huh.:cool: Like a cd player
in my head.. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Rizla
05-07-2006, 03:23 AM
I have never heard of such a phenomenon, and I'm not sure I like the sound of it, no pun.

tara_bara
05-07-2006, 05:46 AM
sounds, ah interesting!

earworms are your problem- songs that get stuck in your head and never get out!

seriously tho....if it is actually a "disease" that exists you might wanna get it checked....and i agree with rizla that i dont like the sound of it.

UKRuss
05-08-2006, 07:29 AM
It used to happen to me but then i realised it was because I wasn't doing anything else or thinking about anything else.

Now I have the opposite problem. I'd love to be hearing music all day but I have to think about work related crap, which at the moment I could frankly do without.

Lowthorpe
05-08-2006, 12:42 PM
I occassionaly get it when I'm trying to sleep. Almost like a case of insomnia, I can't sleep because I get a song seriously stuck in my head it just plays on repeat. Then when I finally slept, I'd keep waking up in the night, in a state of half-consciousness (I'd not know if I was still dreaming or awake) and the song would still be playing. Then I'd feel sick.

It's really quite weird, but it usually only happens if I'm stressed about something.

Nick

UKRuss
05-08-2006, 02:21 PM
It's not so bad if it's something you like...

But, when it's "You Got The Look" by Roxette...well...

Zatz
05-08-2006, 10:23 PM
There's a good rule - if your hands smell like fish try washing them with kerosine. I'd say try playing Need For Speed for at least three hours before sleep and you'll race all the night through - that's gonna keep your mind busy for some while and distract you from hearing pop music in your head ;)

live
05-10-2006, 08:14 PM
I know the problem but sometimes it's very helpful to play something just by your ear (without sheets)...

If you want to sleep it can drive you crazy even if you like it because it just lets your emotions move...
________
Brunette threesome (http://www.****tube.com/categories/445/threesome/videos/1)

rainy_sunny
06-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Well, i have the same thing: music is playing in my head most of the time. And i have the same thing with songs replacing. Sometimes it's really distracting, but then i don't need a walkman :-) And i never have this with songs i don't like. So it's rather good thing.
But 3 months! I think this is really much: 1 day is my maximum.

smallbusrider
06-01-2006, 07:39 PM
I was fine until I read this post.... :eek:

BigBagBill
06-02-2006, 01:56 AM
That type of stuff happens to me alot, especially when i'm sleeping. Sucks cause i usually have to get up early and...it feels like i haven't slept at all...And it gives me crazy *** dreams.

Meqz
06-02-2006, 03:39 AM
I have that problem too, not as bad as you certainly. I mean, 3 months with Shania Twain ... that's a though one.

Anyway I have the same thing, songs get stucked in my head and repeat, and when I do physical exercise, that's the worst moment, the song repeats and repeats and never stops.

Well, before I leave, thank you UkRuss now I have Roxette in my head !

-Meqz

rainy_sunny
06-02-2006, 06:37 AM
???

mattblack850
06-02-2006, 11:37 AM

You think you got it bad with that????
I've had 'The Birdie Song' circulating in my head for the last 15 years, anything by Roxette would make a welcome change!!!:p :D :D

Meqz
06-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Arghhhh Roxette is back !!!!!!#"

smallbusrider
06-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah that Swedish chick with the space between her teeth.

Relaxation
06-04-2006, 01:56 AM
It's not a sickness. Buy Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health book to know what is that phenomenon, what causes it, and if it is good or bad. :)

Ringgold
06-04-2006, 10:03 AM
It happens to me , sometimes. It just natural when you really like the music.

joeyd929
06-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi, I'm new here and I thought that if anyone could
appreicate what I am going through or maybe identify
with is people who love music. I have a weird thing
going on, physically. I hear music in my head 24/7
one song plays and then starts over and so on, and
so on for weeks sometimes months. The first one
that played was shania twain's Always. It played for
3 months non stop:( . Then it switched to red red wine.:eek:
I have researched it and found out it is called musical
halucinations. I guess the composer shubert had it
and also one of the beach boys. I havent went to
the doctor yet, I was scared to I thought I might
be going crazy:o , but I guess its not a mental problem
like schitzaphrinia (spelled that wrong) where you here
people talking to you. It has something to do with
the audatory part of your brain and some malfuntioning
neurons. I actually kind of like it now that I know I'm
not crazy. I have learned how to make it switch to
a new song also. All I have to do is play the radio
or a tape for about 20 minutes and my brain picks
on of those songs to replace the one that I was hearing
before the tape played. Cool huh.:cool: Like a cd player
in my head.. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

I did not know there was a name for it and quite frankly, I am so used to it I thought it was normal. I have this "disease" you speak of. Songs just go on and on and on and on and as you say, if I hear a new song, it will kick up something I heard earlier.

I learned to use it to my advantage because I can play pretty much anything I hear in my head. On the lighter side of this, have you seen the Banaphone video. It's about this guy that hears a song in his head and it drives him nutz....Very funny Oh and by the way, since reading your post, I can't get Red Red Wind out of my head.

I am not sure, but think I hear it in the exact key it is being played in. Could it be perfect pitch. I can hum in the key I hear in my head?

Red Red Wine. Actually I can call up a tune at will, if I start thinking about a song, off it goes into oblivian. Crazy stuff but I do have this strange "gift" as well. Actually with me, it is more like I hear multiple songs at times. It will just shift. On some occasions if I hear a spoon drop or a bird chirp, or some strange sound, it will kick off a song. Very strange but true.

Food for thought. How about the Ramones "Rock and roll high school". Rock Rock Rock Rock Rock and roll high school. Sorry....

Joe

joeyd929
06-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Well, it was around 9:45 at my last post and I STILL hear red wine.......One other thing that happens to me that I have not yet been able to tap into is sometimes while sleeping I hear music that I have never heard before.

One morning I woke up and remembered dreaming about this really hot Rock tune with blazing guitar solos and a sort of metal rhythm going on.

In other instances I have dreamed piano music that I have never heard. Classical arrangements mostly that I simply have never heard before. I'm thinking of keeping a guitar by the bed and trying to train myself to get up and try to emulate the music I dream if it ever happens again.

Ringgold
06-09-2006, 06:56 AM
haha thats great. I can hear the song in my mind and I can even change it key. For example from D to C but not all the time.

forgottenking2
06-09-2006, 01:21 PM
If you can hear it so vividly (like if you had an ipod hooked up into your head) it might be an auditorial halucination. The bad news is that it is no different than hearing voices, and it could be a manifestation of schizophrenia. When an area of the brain gets activated by an excess of dopamine you have hallucinations. If it is the visual processing center you'll see lights and dots, if it's the procesing center + the area that controls conscious thought then you'll see images, if its the hearing and language center you'll hear voices, etc. If you are truly worried about it go seek medical help. However I am sure you are not really "hearing" the song, you are simply imagining it. Just like people get songs from TV commercials (how many people you know hum the McDonnalds theme or some other stupid little jingle?) stuck in their heads we can get some pop tunes stuck in our heads... it's sad it seems to happen to me with the most ridiculous things. If that's what you are experiencing, don't worry, it comes with the territory.

-Jorge

UKRuss
06-09-2006, 01:38 PM
"postman pat, postman pat, postman pat and his black and white caaaaaat"

I have to stop the kids watching too much kids tv or I end up walking around work singing kids TV theme tunes...

"go go power rangers..."

Megus
06-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Sounds to me like a divine gift, you can restore whole pieces by memory

why do you refer to it as a problem? I had a violinist in the family that used to come back from concerts and replay the whole concert. It sounds overly fantastic and unreal, but it still is true.

Start using your gift!

Megus
06-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Oh and btw, your brain has become a backing track machine!

joeyd929
06-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Got mud on your face, a big disgrace, somebody ought to put you back into your place.. Singin, "we will we will rock you",

Anyone remember that song?

Ringgold
06-10-2006, 10:59 AM
forgottenking2 that was what I'm talking about.

Dommy
06-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Enjoy it man. I have music running through my head nearly ALL the time. Its a gift.

szulc
06-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Listen to good music that challenges your ears (while you are listening the other stuff will stop). Then when the actual music stops at least the hallucinations will be interesting and challenging. I have this too! That is how I deal with it.

Timestorm
06-17-2006, 02:35 PM
I think everyone has this to a certain extent.

I've suffered recurrent attacks of 'Shaddupa yer face' 'The heat is on' and for the past few days Go Wests 'King of wishful thinking'.

Shame there isn't a kind of 'firewall' for the mind to prevent the intrusion of unwanted songs and an 'anti-song' to prevent singing/whistling/performing unauthorized actions. After all, one incident of 'Agadoo.exe' can wipe your credibility rating irretrievably.

jackaroe1276
08-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Raspberry Beret by Prince. I hate prince (although he is actually a very good guitsarist) yet that song will pop into my head out of nowhere and play over and over again. I swear it's my subconscious brain telling me I can take the rhthym to that song and do something cool with it.

joeyd929
08-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Raspberry Beret by Prince. I hate prince (although he is actually a very good guitsarist) yet that song will pop into my head out of nowhere and play over and over again. I swear it's my subconscious brain telling me I can take the rhthym to that song and do something cool with it.

I agree. Although I am not crazy about the music of Prince, he is quite the guitarist.

mattblack850
08-13-2006, 12:06 PM
All this week I have had Snow Patrol 'Chasing Cars' and Rihanna's 'Unfaithful' running around my head, so I sat and worked them out on the guitar and now I seem to have exorcised them from my head!