PDA

View Full Version : New to keyboard/piano

newamerikangosp
05-04-2006, 10:12 PM
and was wondering if anyone can point me to a place to get sheet music (for free preferablly since I play guitar primarily and am not interested in this as a fulltime instrument). And suggest some piano driven classical music. Maybe some "depressing" or darker stuff, such as chopin, or maybe vivaldi.

Sorry if this has been posted before, didn't find anything in the first 3-4 pages.

mannny
05-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Hey, heres my favorite classical song to play. It is also a little dark and depressing becasue beethoven had a lot of that. It is a little involved for someone who is new too piano but with practice you should be able to get it down. Moonlight Sonata- http://www.mfiles.co.uk/scores/moonlight-movement1.pdf

Jackel
05-15-2006, 06:15 PM
I was just reading that piece of music and I have a couple of questions. What does that C looking thing with a line going through it after the key signature mean and what does the thing under the bass clef mean? It looks like it says led :confused:

Thanks.

ashc
05-15-2006, 06:45 PM
To the orignal poster: check out the "sheet music archive". I think it's www.sheetmusicarchive.net but, if not, google will find it.

I have been working a little again on my keyboard skills after a very long break and some other suggestions for easy pieces to work on would be the Minuets from Bach's Anna Magdelana book and also Satie (Gymnodpedies 1, Gnossiennes 1). Moonlight is technically easy enough but it would help to be a good reader as even the 1st movement is like 6 pages or so (a lot to remember if you can't sight read well enough). The key signature doesn't help in the original C# minor either (I have seen an easier C minor version)

To the last poster: The C thing is an alternate symbol for Common time i.e. 4/4 and I think it's "Ped" as these would be appropriate damper (sustain) pedal instructions.

Jackel
05-15-2006, 07:45 PM

Jackel
05-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Sorry I have one more question.

The title of the song says its in C#m... what does that mean?. How would I go about playing it. I know from looking at the staff that the key signature is E (I know how that works), but are they related do they affect each other? I hope I'm making sense.

Thanks for any help.

ashc
05-15-2006, 08:39 PM
C# is the relative minor of E. So, the C# natural minor scale has all the same notes as the E major scale.

Jackel
05-15-2006, 08:41 PM
O right haha, thanks! :D