PDA

View Full Version : Horror Movie Tunes

Zatz
03-06-2003, 08:53 AM
Hi there!

In this thread I'd like to present a kind of mockery of horror movie background arrangements that would go full of dissonance to create an enormous emotional tension. I decided to present an acme point of such efforts to give relief to composers who struggle hard to musically decorate cheap thrillers :)

As you will see my approach is extremely straightforward.
Here goes the chromatic scale:

C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B

Let's split this scale into 2 subsets:

C D E F G A B (Cmaj scale)

D# F# G# A# C# (D#min pent)

and what comes in bold is D#min pentatonic scale which absolutely confronts Cmaj both in that these tonalities go all clashed together and that it's major plus minor combination (I deliberately put stress on d# as a root for the pentatonics for this reason).

Now we go on and superimpose the insuperimposable things - a simpliest ever Cmaj progression:

Cmaj7 -> Fmaj7 -> G7 -> C

and repeating wave-shaped D#min pent riff and enjoy the biggest cacophony on earth.

Zatz
03-06-2003, 08:56 AM
Here's the Powertab source:

Zatz
03-06-2003, 08:57 AM
Midi file to please your ears :)

Zatz
03-06-2003, 09:06 AM
Ever seen the birds boozing up to the point where they start to sing completely out of tune? Yea, that happens sometimes! My candid mic hidden in the depth of a tree crown recorded these sounds :D

(the same tab with bird tweet setup)

Actually here's what I felt after doing my research work all night through:

Have fun and make this life better :D

Zatz

EricV
03-06-2003, 10:48 AM
Wow... thatīs some weird stuff. I like it though =)
Eric

EricV
03-06-2003, 10:52 AM
Reminds me of that weird Richie Kotzen-lick I heard him do in his video...

EricV
03-06-2003, 10:53 AM
the Powertab-file

DracWell
03-06-2003, 11:11 PM
Hey!

A saw a interesting thing here.
In the articles, why not give a link to the powertab file for the examples?

EricV
03-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Just checking in, just back from the "Musikmesse". Stay tuned for pics of me and Guni at the show...

I did include the Powertab file in my "three Note Per String Patterns"-article, and we are planning on doing the same for all the upcoming ones...
Eric