PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Feiten solo

paularve
03-03-2003, 02:50 PM
Can anybody tell me what Buzz Feiten is doing on the soundclip below? I understand that it's tapping, but is there anyone who can figure out exactly WHAT he is playing? It's from "Panda's Dream", track 2 on Dave Weckl's "Synergy" - album...

EricV
03-03-2003, 03:10 PM
Got no guitar with me right now, but it sounds a lot like an open-string tap figure to me, like the one below... the guitar might be tuned down a half step
Hope this helps
Eric

paularve
03-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Yeah, but i believe he's using two strings, cause he's also use a sharp 6th and a perfect 5th, if I ain't mistakin'...

EricV
03-03-2003, 03:28 PM
In my TAB, there are two strings being used...

paularve
03-03-2003, 03:30 PM
Sorry, I thought you were only using the E-string!! :$ ****...
My mistake. I'm a notedyslectican!

By the way: What program are you using to write those tabs? (Let's talk about something way different, huh...)

paularve
03-03-2003, 03:31 PM
Wow, they got "beep"-signs on the nasty words. I only said ****... is that so bad? ...

paularve
03-03-2003, 03:32 PM
S-H-I-T. That's the word.

EricV
03-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Yeah, thereīs a filter. Because we are trying to keep the forum kinda clean... no minds minds some cussing ( I do that a lot whenever I am using this computer ), but I think itīs best that way. And you can hint at what ya mean by saying "sh**" or something.

Anyway, I am using Powertab. Itīs become some kind of a standard for many of us at Ibreathe. Cool little program.
You can download it for free at http://powertab.guitarnetwork.org

It rocks. You can listen to the TABs you make ( MIDI ), extract MIDIs etc. All future articles of mine will have Powertabs of the exercises included, so people can use Powertabs to practise... you can change the tempo, loop etc.
Check it out if you have windows... unfortunately no Mac-version yet...
Eric

paularve
03-03-2003, 04:54 PM
That's a great thing to do, I myself ain't no big fan of cussing, but I look at the word sh** as something that comes out my a**, and nothing more than that. OK, enough bullsh**...
So, how does this thing work? First question: How do I put in a note?