PDA

View Full Version : I saw this article and thought...

fader198
02-21-2006, 08:52 PM
...this could be applied to guitar practicing. Especially at those times when you are not feeling very motivated to practice. First you have to make the mental commitment to practice, then you need to find what practice works best for you at your level, ok maybe no 3 doesn't apply as much unless you consider music theory "brain food". In that case "eat well!" I really like the last one and I don't think we do this enough as players. Reward yourself. Say, when I get x lick to x speed cleanly I'm gonna go out and get my favorite dessert. That should give you a little motivation if you are uninspired. Anyway, enough of my rambling and you probably all think I'm a nut for making these associations but here is the article. Enjoy!

Fitness article (http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/health/2005/08/31/fitness-rules-lifestyle-cx_sy_0901htow.html?partner=compuserve)

gersdal
02-21-2006, 10:23 PM
A slight reworking of the fitnessrules ...
Fitness Rules No. 1: Make A Commitment To Improve Your Guitar Playing
Fitness Rules No. 2: Find the Right Workout For You
Fitness Rule No. 3: Listen to and play good music (and Eat Healthier - I guess that would be good for guitarists too)
Fitness Rule No. 4: Reward Yourself - not neccessarily by a desert, but by remember to say "yeah, I made it, I can finally play Spanish Fly (or whatever)"

Makes sense?

fader198
02-24-2006, 12:19 AM
A slight reworking of the fitnessrules ...
Fitness Rules No. 1: Make A Commitment To Improve Your Guitar Playing
Fitness Rules No. 2: Find the Right Workout For You
Fitness Rule No. 3: Listen to and play good music (and Eat Healthier - I guess that would be good for guitarists too)
Fitness Rule No. 4: Reward Yourself - not neccessarily by a desert, but by remember to say "yeah, I made it, I can finally play Spanish Fly (or whatever)"

Makes sense?
Yeah! I like your list better. But, can I still have dessert? :D

Schooligo
02-24-2006, 01:26 AM
But, can I still have dessert?
sure Fader198 but remember,

the qoute at the end of a Pink Floyd song: ;)

"if you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding,
how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"

or something like that :D