Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: tuner help

tuner help

I'm looking to get a tuner because I'm tired of tuning my guitar to my piano and I would like some suggestions from what you all use. I'm looking to spend no more than around 30 dollars and I think I'd like a chromatic tuner. Are there any features that are good to have?
    - The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

Mod
    in that price they are all pretty much the same in my opinion, go to your local shop, ask what guitar tuners they have, and they should hook you up with your most popular one. Which is usually the best for your money.

Rock & Roll Damnation RockSuperstar's Avatar
    A basic tuner will be perfectly adequate I would wager

It costs around 15 GBP for a decent electric tuner, so some clever boffin can do the Sterling to Dollars conversion for sake of argument

Yeah theres lots of em in that price range. Check out musiciansfriend.com, theyve got a wide variety for you to check out.

hope this helps,

I've used a few chromatic tuners before, but the most reliable and dependant one I've found so far is the SEIKO ST757. Very easy to use, and enough options to keep you happy. The condenser mic is great and works well, just remember to keep fresh batteries in it.